Ultra-lightweight insurance against a change in the weather. Windproof and water-repellent, the Hot Pack 6 is a three-season road-cycling jacket that stuffs into a stuff sack so tiny (the "Hot Pack") that you never have to debate taking it along on rides where the weather looks a bit iffy. Super-lightweight nylon fits snugly with enough stretch for free movement. Front and back reflective accents make you easy to spot when your ride keeps you out past dark.
- Fabric is 100% nylon, extremely lightweight with slight stretch for a close fit and good mobility.
- Completely windproof and water-repellent.
- Minimal seams on front to improve water resistance.
- High collar offars increased protection from wind and rain.
- Elastic cuff and hem reduce drafts.
- Internal stuff sack lets you stash it when not needed.
- Minimal packed size, fitting easily in a jersey pocket.
- Ventilated back panel.
- Reflective details front and back.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.