The soul of a powder ski with big-mountain design. The Lotus line from DPS is made for skiers who live for the float. The 124 Tour 1 has a forward mount, plus a flex pattern and sidecut built for mixed conditions and lighter days. Powder days are definitely not discounted – Paddle Tech sidecut and Tour 1 construction adds off-edge control so you can go for glory in the deep stuff, too.
- Tour 1 construction is a backcountry build that emphasizes fast ascents and class-leading downhill performance. Carbon laminate is exceptionally light with moderate damping, power and edge hold.
- Balsa wood core combined with a larger-than-ever sweet spot results in a ski that's stable, floaty and lively in the turns.
- Full-cap construction with a textured nylon top sheet.
- Narrow-profile Rockwell 48 steel edges.
- Paddle tech sidecut is tapered, with flatter sections that blend at the contact points to make it a smooth, smooth driver.
- World Cup Race base keeps you in line with the pros.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.