Not only do the Nomad 105 Skis look rad, they perform amazingly well and are built to last. With a 105mm waist, this great all-mountain ski takes you from open bowls to groomers without issues. Icelantic describes them as "a pair of bombproof freeride tools". The early rise in the tip and tail makes the Nomad nimble and easy to manoeuvre in softer snow, while the slight camber underfoot allows this ski to hold an edge when hitting the groomers.
- 3 layers of tri-axe and unilateral fiberglass makes for a stiff and durable ski.
- Poplar wood core creates dampness at speed and a highly responsive ski.
- Sidewall construction with a carbonium top sheet increases durability.
- 3 layers of rubber foil along the edges increase the ski's dampness.
- Full-width, 2.2mm wide steel edges are ready for seasons of use.
- Durasurf 4001 sintered base is fast and hard for exceptional performance.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.