A departure from traditional aluminum frame snowshoes, the Evas are made of layered foam to approximate the feel of running shoes. EVA foam is layered over a Pebax traction plate that has deep aluminum cleats for on-snow stability. The rockered design propels you forward and the foam compresses with each step to offer rebound and springy-ness so you can run in them. The construction also makes these quieter than other designs, so you don't disturb the winter hush. Great as a first pair, or as an option for people looking for a different, much quieter experience.
- Made of 2 layers of EVA foam: the upper layer is soft for cushioning and rebound while the lower layer provides structure and abrasion resistance.
- Durable Pebax plastic traction plate has deep lugs and aluminum cleats for security on slippery terrain.
- Teardrop shape and rockered profile provides a natural stride and good flotation.
- Velcro® bindings (2 straps plus a camming buckle at heel) fit a wide range of footwear: US men's 5 to 15.
- Designed for use on trails with at least 15cm/6in. of snow. Prolonged use on gravel, pavement or other non-snow surfaces will cause premature wear.
|Max recommended load||200lb.|
Indicates if the snowshoe has a heel lift or not. Heel lifts reduce calf strain on uphill climbs.