MEC down sleeping bags have been popular for decades and are known for prices that are waaay cheaper than comparable options. The Draco line uses high-end down and tightly woven Pertex nylon that sheds moisture and prevents the down from working its way out. Vertical baffles over the chest keep the down in place, so you won't discover a cold spot as you shift around during the night.
- Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon shell has a DWR treatment to shed moisture and a tight weave to retain down.
- 30-denier woven nylon lining.
- Insulated with 650 fill power duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Vertical baffles over the torso prevents cold spots.
- Wide cut gives you room to sprawl, but still provides thermal efficiency.
- Hood and shoulder drawcords have different profiles, so you can tell them apart in the dark.
- YKK #8 zip connects to most other MEC bags.
- Neck yoke and draft tube keep heat in and cold out.
- Small internal pocket holds contact lenses or headlamp.
- Draw cord stuff sack and large storage sack included.
- EN standard tested, for dependable temperature ratings.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
EN Comfort Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Comfort Rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average woman (or "cold sleeper") comfortable.
EN Limit Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Limit Rating is the lowest temperature at the average man (or "warm sleeper) can sleep in a curled body position for 8 hours without feeling cold.
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
|Face fabric||Nylon ripstop|
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
|Recommended Compression Sack||20L|
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.