The North Face Borod Hoodie - Men's
With a mid-layer this versatile, packing for your next camping trip is easy. The Borod Hoodie's mid-weight gridded fleece traps heat next to your skin without being bulky, shaving crucial grams from your pack. A touch of elastane lends stretch so you can comfortably use hiking poles, scramble up rocky sections and string up your food for the night.
- Made of midweight polyester fleece with a hint of elastane for stretch.
- Grid-knit pattern holds in warmth while reducing weight and bulk.
- Elastic edge binding on hood and cuffs seal in heat.
- Bonded stretch-woven chest pocket holds small essentials.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.