There's nothing quite like carving down freshly laid groomers, and the S/Max SX helps you do it effortlessly. The snappy synthetic core makes the ski easy to manoeuvre, while a layer of titanal provides stiffness and reduces chatters at speed. With a carving-specific rocker and a tuned flex, this ski keeps you cruising until last chair.
- Semi-sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls, cap construction at the tip and tail for edge grip underfoot and increased manoeuvrability.
- Synthetic core makes for a forgiving ski and keeps the weight low.
- Carve Rocker with early rise tail makes it easier to exit turns at various speeds.
- Traditional cambered carve zone has a focused sidecut for power, energy and grip.
- Titanal insert allows for maximum power transfer.
- Pulse pad uses a layer of rubber along the edges in specific areas to create a damper ski.
- Mercury 11 bindings are strong, reliable and feature a DIN adjustment of 3.5–11.
- Glossy topsheet.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Full camber|