Light on the scale, heavy on the performance, these skis are ready to tear the groomers apart. The Aira 80 Ti is packed with technology that offers a much better performance than you might expect from such a light ski. By choosing poplar wood as the core for this ski, Salomon builds a strong ski around a lightweight core. Carbon fibre and carbon/flax reinforcement layers bring this ski to life without adding much weight. The cork inlay in the tip cuts down on the chatter, while the Titanal insert underfoot makes the Aira 80 TI feel powerful when carving.
- Full sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls is powerful and durable.
- Light poplar wood core keeps the weight low while providing stability, powerful rebound and vibration absorption.
- Titanal insert edge to edge underfoot allows for maximum power transfer.
- Layer of carbon and flax laminate keeps the weight low while increasing the ski's dampness.
- Cork inlay in the tip helps reduce the chatter and helps keep the weight low.
- PULSE PAD technology brings a layer of rubber along the edges and makes for a smoother ride.
- All-terrain Rocker 2.0 with early-rise tip gives you terrain versatility, easy and precise steering, and fluid terrain absorption.
- Traditional cambered carve zone has a focused sidecut for power, energy and grip.
- Matte TPU topsheet.
- Salomon Mercury 11 bindings are included and offer DIN adjustment between 3.5-11.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.