Forged from 5160 high-carbon steel, the Velvicut® Hudson Bay Belt Hatchet lets you feed campfires for years to come. The sculpted hickory haft (handle, in axe parlance) is comfortable in the hand and provides impressive mechanical advantage for its compact length. Focusing on craftsmanship and quality, Council Tool uses premium materials and a mix of old and new production techniques to create tools that last a lifetime. Hand-finishing means no two hatchets are exactly alike.
- 5160 high-carbon steel is renowned for its edge-holding and toughness.
- Heat-treated first 3cm of the blade provides maximum edge retention, while the tempered head absorbs and dissipates impacts.
- Head is hung using a standard eye-to-haft mount, making it easy to replace the haft (as the head will outlast its handle).
- Tough hickory haft provides maximum mechanical advantage for its length.
- Handsome linseed oil finish on the hickory haft.
- Leather belt sheath keeps your hatchet out of the way, but within reach.
- Overall length is approximately 46cm.
|Blade material||5160 carbon steel|