If the name Charger sounds familliar, it's because this ski has been evolving since 2011. The Hyper Charger still provides the float, control and confidence-inspiring ride that you've come to expect from the Charger line, in a significantly lighter package. By choosing Paulownia wood as the core, and using more carbon fibre as reinforcement, Voilé managed to create a ski that's light and strong. The early rise in the tip helps you get on top of soft snow, while the camber underfoot provides improved control when the ride gets choppy.
- Lightweight Paulownia wood core shaves weight while providing liveliness.
- 2 layers of carbon fiberglass increase liveliness and strength but keep the weight low.
- Reinforced binding mount ensures a solid connection between your ski and binding.
- Nylon topsheet features irregular texture that prevents snow from sticking to the ski.
- 2mm, full-perimeter steel edges allow for seasons of tuning.
- Sintered base is fast downhill and provides improved wear and impact resistance.
- Early rise in the tip improves float when the snow density is low and the stoke is high.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|