Avalanche airbag technology for ski mountaineering and riding in complex terrain. The reusable 150L airbag uses a powerful compressed-air cylinder (not included) to rapidly inflate the bag in an emergency. At 42L with the airbag installed, the Float 42 has plenty of room for gear for long touring days or for overnight trips. A dedicated avi tool pocket has extra room for skins and can be quickly accessed. Details for comfort include a lightly padded hipbelt, an ergonomically moulded back panel and padded shoulder straps.
- Airbag system includes single-chamber 150L airbag, a compact 2700psi air cylinder (not included) and a Venturi system.
- Ultra-durable metal hipbelt buckle won't shatter under impact.
- Removable and stowable leg loops keep pack secure in the case of an avalanche.
- Moulded back panel, padded hipbelt and padded shoulder straps provide comfort on long days.
- Load-lifter straps let you balance the weight.
- Unlike more basic Float packs, you can adjust the airbag trigger location. It can be routed to either shoulder strap and height adjusted.
- Stowable diagonal ski-carry and helmet-sling system.
- 2 front daisy chains and 2 ice-axe loops with clips help you haul ski mountaineering essentials.
- Fleece-lined pocket protects your goggles.
- Hydration sleeve holds your reservoir (not included).
- Empty Float 2.0 cartridges can be filled at BCA-authorized depots.
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
|Deployment System||Compressed air|