Headstrong and well-designed. This resort-focused helmet features EPS 4D moulding to effectively absorb sudden shocks when you catch an edge or hit some crud. The Driver S Helmet's active venting has 3 positions to expel hot air when you climb or hike to retrieve a ski. Major bonus points: the visor fits over your glasses (OTG) so you can stay safe and still see.
- Lightweight hybrid in-mould and injected shell construction blends safety, low weight and durability.
- EPS 4D foam is designed to absorb more impact than standard EPS construction.
- Custom dial fit system makes for a very comfortable and precise fit.
- Motion Shield System is a true over-the-glass system that uses a helmet-mounted visor.
- Active ventilation has 3 positions for regulating airflow. Grids prevent snow entry.
- AdvancedSkin ActiveDry liner with merino helps manage moisture and is removable and washable.
- Padded chinstrap reduces chafing.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Shell material||ABS + Polycarbonate|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||No|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).