Named for the premier backcountry run accessible from Blackcomb Mountain, the Husume XTC Carbon is Prior’s answer to the quiver-of-one backcountry ski question. The XTC carbon construction allows you to trade grams for vertical feet on the skin track. It blends rockered powder tip and tail, traditional underfoot camber, moderately long sidecut, sweet flex, and a squared tail. The result is a ski that kills it in the powder and still has a enough bite for everyday use on Whistler in-bound chunder and hardpack.
- Graphics are designed by world-renowned Haida artist Clarence Mills.
- Sublimated nylon topsheet brings durability and keeps your skis looking sharp.
- Triaxial carbon glass layers keep the weight down and retain playfulness.
- Vertically laminated aspen and poplar woodcore with maple wood stringers make it light and responsive.
- Early rise in the tip and tail combined with a traditional camber underfoot provides stability and turning ease in all snow conditions.
- Rubber Foil dampening reduces chatter when riding fast on hardpack.
- Durable, impact-resistant UHMW polyethylene sidewalls.
- Tough Rockwell 48 steel edges are easy to tune.
- Durasurf 4001 sintered base is fast and very durable.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.