Since about 1880, bikes have been pretty cool, and a little battery power and speed gives them a quantum leap forward. With an electric bike, you can commute by bike more often, explore your city, ride to neighbouring towns and conquer fiendishly steep hills. Ghost has put years of experience and testing into these urban/commuter ebikes. The Square Trekking B2.8 is decked out with a rack, lights, on-board computer, fenders and a stand. It's a fast, clean option that can reach speeds of 32km/h without you breaking a sweat. Start pedalling and the motor kicks in to assist, and you can adjust the amount of extra power you want. The top-of-the-line, Bosch Performance Line CX drive unit is designed to shine on long days travelling through steep terrain. The SR Suntour fork has 63mm of travel to smooth out potholes and rough gravel in case your commute takes you off the beaten track. Schwalbe Impac Bigpac tires add comfort, and reliable Shimano Altus shifters keep you rolling smoothly. Bottom line: the Square Trekking B2.8 is the answer to a faster ride, no spandex required.
- Aluminum frame offers strength, light weight and comfort at a reasonable cost.
- SR Suntour fork provides 63mm of travel to make gravel roads feel like asphalt.
- Bosch Performance Line CX drive unit provides assistance up to 32km/h.
- Bosch Performance Line CX drive unit provides more torque and max boost over the non-CX line.
- Bosch PowerPack 400 lithium-ion battery offers 400Wh of energy.
- Battery charges from 0 to 100% in only 3.5 hours.
- Bosch Purion on-board computer displays.
- Remote control and display is at your fingertips.
- 4 pedal-assist levels adjust for longer range or faster speed (you have to pedal to get power from the motor).
- Walk assistance mode makes pushing easier.
- Shimano Altus shifter and 9-speed derailleur.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power in all conditions.
- Alex MD21 rims laced on Ghost hubs provide the durability and strength needed for e-bikes.
- Durable Schwalbe Impac Bigpac provides low rolling resistance.
- Ghost stem, handlebars, seatpost and saddle.
- Rear rack handles up to 25kg of groceries.
- Front and rear lights.
- Front and rear fenders.
- Sturdy bike stand.
- Distance on a charge varies by speed, assistance level, wind, hills, road surface, frequency of starting and stopping, gearing, weight carried and pedal cadence; expect somewhere between 25 and 150km.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Square Trekking aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour NEX|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
|Drive unit||Bosch Performance CX|
|Battery||Bosch PowerPack 400|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Bosch Purion|
|Charge time||3.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-T285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-T285|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||FSA CK-310 15T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Impac Bigpac 700 x 50|