What’s smaller than 2 Tic Tac® boxes and can save your life? Garmin’s new inReach Mini takes the core features from the proven inReach GPS satellite communicators and shrinks them down to pocket size. Using Iridium’s® satellite constellation, you can send and receive text messages and emails anywhere on the planet, staying connected even where there’s no cell phone coverage. Internal GPS handles basic navigation and sends location data with each message, letting your followers track your adventures. A dedicated SOS button lets you call for help, no matter where you are. Use the included Earthmate® app to pair the Mini with your smartphone for easy access to your phone’s contacts. With a dustproof, water-resistant housing and up to a full year of battery life, the inReach Mini is ready to tackle any adventure you can imagine.
- Housing is water-resistant and dustproof with an easy-to-read display.
- Uses Iridium’s constellation of 66 satellites for coverage of the Earth's entire surface. Messages are buffered for up to a day.
- Iridium’s worldwide coverage lets you send texts and emails from anywhere in the world. Your plan determines how many you can send and how detailed they are.
- Stores customized and quick-response text messages for anticipated situations.
- GPS tracking feature allows your friends and community to follow your progress via a personalized MapShare® page.
- World coverage SOS feature gives you a confirmation message from the GEOS rescue centre if you use it to send an SOS. 2-way texting allows you to stay in contact with rescue personnel.
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing.
- SOS button has a hard plastic cover, greatly reducing chances of an accidental activation.
- Messages have your GPS location embedded for faster finding in emergencies.
- Internal GPS enables basic on-screen grid navigation.
- High-sensitivity GPS chip provides position accuracy to within 5m.
- Optional weather forecasting service sends detailed weather data for your location, a specific waypoint or a GPS coordinate directly to your inReach, paired smartphone or tablet.
- Connects via Bluetooth to smartphones/tablets running the included Earthmate® app, available on iOS (requires iOS 9.2 or later) and Android (requires 4.1 or later). Allows you to download maps and nautical charts, enabling detailed mapping and easier messaging – directly through your contacts.
- Downloaded maps are stored in your phone and are available even if there is no cell phone signal.
- Rechargeable internal battery pack delivers up to 90 hours of battery life with 10-minute tracking, or 24 days with 30-minute tracking (battery life varies depending on settings).
- Requires a separate satellite plan to activate.
- Canadian monthly plans are available, as well as seasonal hibernation options that allow you to pay a minimal fee during months when you are not using the device.
- In the box: inReach Mini, Garmin spine mount adapter (with attachment hardware) for use with many existing Garmin mounts, carabiner for use with the Mini’s swivelling attachment loop, micro-USB charging and data cable, and documentation.
|Ideal for||Emergency preparedness|
|Satellite network used||Iridium|
|Battery life (operating)||20-480 h|
|Storage temperature||-20 to 60°C|
|Dimensions||5.2 x 2.6 x 9.9cm|
|Battery life (standby)||8760 h|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
Ability to test
Allows you to test the unit.
A basic set of map data that is included with the GPS. Basemap detail may vary from unit to unit.
Barometer function helps forecast weather trends. An altimeter can provide one line of position for location on a topo map, useful if the GPS isn't working.
GPS data sent in SOS
GPS coordinates are sent in each SOS message.
Allows you to send a 'check-in' message to let people know you are safe.
Lets you know that your message was received.