More than "just a helmet", this one looks good and is incredibly comfortable. The Mission MIPS Helmet's light weight combines with a fit system that offers next-level comfort to make you likely to forget you're even wearing it... until you walk into après-ski. Lots of ventilation keeps you cool on warm days, and you can block a few vents on snowy days to keep you warm. The MIPS liner is designed to reduce the rotational forces applied to your head, should you take a spill.
- Lightweight in-mould construction with a polycarbonate shell and an EPS inner.
- Aerocore™ construction featuring Koroyd® is designed to absorb more impact than traditional helmets.
- MIPS helps reduce rotational forces in the event of a crash.
- AirEvac2 system drives warm air away from your goggles and adjusts by folding or unfolding liner flaps.
- Adjustable dial-fit system.
- Removable Snapfit SL earpads are machine washable and work with Outdoor Technology audio systems.
- Low-profile regulator adjusts internal airflow from the 14 vents.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).