Comfort, adjustability, safety and a great look. The Valence MIPS Helmet is built with some of the most desirable features that a helmet can have. MIPS reduces the rotational forces you'd feel, should you take a bail. The 18 vents keep your head cool on the bootpack. By choosing an hybrid construction, Smith managed to get great durability without too much weight penalty. An added bonus is the ability to upgrade your ride with an Outdoor Technology audio system (sold separately).
- Lightweight hybrid shell construction blends durability with light weight.
- Aerocore™ construction featuring Koroyd® is designed to absorb more impact than traditional helmets.
- MIPS reduces rotational forces in the event of a crash.
- AirEvac2 system drives warm air away from your goggles and adjusts by folding or unfolding liner flaps.
- Adjustable SmithxBoa® fit system.
- Removable Snapfit SL earpads are machine washable and work with Outdoor Technology audio systems.
- Low-profile regulator adjusts internal airflow from the 18 vents.
- X-Static performance lining has an antimicrobial treatment.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Shell material||ABS + Polycarbonate|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).