Light your line. Developed in conjunction with Silva ambassador and ultra-runner Francois d’Haene, the Cross Trail 5 Ultra is a multisport headlamp with some serious flexibility, from mounting to powering. Whether you’re in your hiking boots or running shoes, on your bike or on your cross-country skis, Silva has included a mount for you. Knowing that there isn’t a single best type of lighting for every sport, Silva developed Flow lighting, a mix of flood and spot. Flow lighting lets you see up the trail with the spot, while making sure you see what’s in front of you with the flood light. Two included battery packs give you a USB-powered option, and a replaceable battery option. With multiple modes, mounts, power options and runtimes, this headlamp can be the one piece of gear you don’t swap out when you change activities.
- Flow lighting provides a mix of a flood and spot beam, specifically engineered to avoid the tunnel vison effect that can come from using a bright spotlight.
- Dual battery packs give you options: use the USB-powered pack for short trips from home or anywhere you have easy access to USB, and enjoy the convenience of the AA battery pack while traveling – the AA is the world’s most readily available battery.
- Battery extension cord gives you the option of putting the battery pack in your bag or inside a jacket pocket. This both removes weight from your head and lets you keep the batteries warm for better cold-weather performance.
- LED power indicator lets you know when your batteries need swapping or charging.
- 3 different mounting options (helmet, handlebar and head) let you use your light for many activities.
- Anti-slip headband stays in place when on the move.
- Large, 1-button interface is easy to use with or without gloves.
- Includes the Twin Tyto red rear safety light, great for when events or activities call for a safety light. Twin Tyto uses 2 CR2032 batteries, for 24–100 hours of runtime, and is certified to IPX6 weatherproofing.
- Lumens and runtimes measured to the ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard.
- Overall, IPX5 waterproofing stands up to any weather you’re willing to go out in.
- In the box: Cross Trail 5 Ultra Francois Edition headlamp, 4 x AA battery holder, 4 x AA batteries, rechargeable 3.3Ah battery pack, extension cable, USB charging cable, handlebar bracket, helmet bracket and Twin Tyto red rear safety light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||50m|
|Beam distance - med||80m|
|Beam distance - high||130m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||2 LEDs|
|Burn time - low||24 h|
|Burn time - med||12 h|
|Burn time - high||6 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||4 AA (included) or rechargeable battery pack (included)|