With just a high and a low mode, there's nothing to get in the way of your "go mode." The Trail Runner 4 Ultra is a simplified, but not basic, headlamp that exists to illuminate your low-light runs. Two included battery packs give you a USB-powered option and a replaceable battery option. Equipped with Silva’s intelligent lighting optics, it offers a mix of flood and spot lighting, letting you see where you're headed and where you are.
- Intelligent lighting combines flood and spot lighting, covering the near and the far.
- Dual battery packs give you options: use the USB-powered pack for short trips from home or anywhere you have easy access to USB, and enjoy the convenience of the AAA battery pack while traveling – the AAA is the world’s second most readily available battery.
- Battery extension cord gives you the option of putting the battery pack in your bag or inside a jacket pocket, which removes weight from your head and lets you keep the batteries warm for better cold-weather performance.
- LED power indicator lets you know when your batteries need swapping or charging.
- Anti-slip headband stays in place when on the move.
- Large, 1-button interface is easy to use with and without gloves.
- Includes the Twin Tyto red rear safety light, great for when events or activities call for a safety light. Twin Tyto uses 2 CR20302 batteries for 24–100 hours of runtime, and is certified to IPX6 weatherproofing.
- Lumens and runtimes measured to the ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard.
- Overall IPX5 waterproofing stands up to any weather you’re willing to go out in.
- In the box: Trail Runner 4 Ultra headlamp, 3 x AAA battery holder, 3 x AAA batteries, rechargeable 2.4Ah battery pack, extension cable and Twin Tyto red rear safety light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||20m|
|Beam distance - high||75m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||2 LEDs|
|Burn time - low||90 h|
|Burn time - high||25 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||3 AAA (included) or rechargeable battery pack (included)|