Your first and best defence against a bear attack is prevention: good food hygiene in camp, and awareness and making noise while underway to give bears a chance to steer clear. But close encounters may occur despite all your precautions, and you'll appreciate having an active, non-lethal deterrent. This kit contains both an active bear spray and an inert training canister filled with water. The spray causes temporary eye tearing and respiratory distress, but leaves no permanent damage. The training canister is loaded with water but otherwise identical to the real thing, and allows you to become comfortable with canister handling and operation.
- Fires for approximately 5.6 seconds.
- Range is roughly 9m.
- Active ingredient is 1% capsaicin that will not cause permanent eye damage.
- Dual component Dymel-nitrogen propellant remains effective at extremely low temperatures and does not cause ozone depletion. Non-flammable.
- Glow-in-the-dark safety clip lets you find the spray in the dark.
- Zip tie prevents accidental loss of safety clip.
- 3-year shelf life, with expiration date on label.
- Practice canister is loaded with pressurized water but is otherwise identical to active spray canister.
- Note: When purchasing or picking up bear spray in stores, valid Photo ID is required.
- Includes 1 x 225g inert trainer and 1 x 225 1% bear spray.