Head off the grid with some of the comforts of home. The SolarHome 620 lets you add a touch of civility to your adventure van, off-grid cabin or base camp. This compact kit includes 3 hanging daisy chain lights that have multiple modes and work like your lights at home; simply flick the switch. One light has a motion sensor, making after-dark arrivals a bit easier and adding a level of security to your home away from home. The light’s control box houses a large battery and doubles as a radio and MP3 player. Dual side-mounted USB ports even allow you to charge your devices.
- A single 6W solar panel powers the whole system, connecting to a control box that houses a 20Wh battery.
- Backlit LCD display provides real-time battery and sun strength information.
- Control box has 2 USB type-A female ports for charging your devices and an integrated radio that can also play MP3s from devices connected via USB.
- 3 daisy chainable overhead lights with wall-mountable hanging switches, and a single light within the control box for up to 400 lumens.
- 1 light has an integrated motion detector.
- Each light has 5.5m (18ft.) of daisy chainable cable for multi-room lighting solutions.
- Solar panel has a 6.5m (21ft.) cable, letting you place it in just the right spot.
- Currently being used in more than 40,000 homes in Western Kenya.
- Dimensions: control box: 20 x 15.4 x 6.8cm, hanging lights (each): 15 x 14 x 8.2cm, solar panel: 29 x 19 x 1.6cm.
- In the box: control box, 2 hanging lights, 1 motion-activated light, 1 solar panel, USB adapter and mounting screws.
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 3300mAh (included)|
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.