One of the few times a more powerful storm is a good thing. Black Diamond has taken its already impressive flagship headlamp and improved it. With a streamlined light head, a dedicated mode button and a serious lumen increase, this is the best Storm Headlamp yet. Signature features like smooth PowerTap™, dimming, flood and spot lighting, and a red, green and blue night mode are now even easier to use.
- Flood and spot light modes give you the right type of light for both near and far.
- Smooth dimming feature lets you dial in the perfect brightness.
- PowerTap technology goes from any brightness mode to full power with a tap on the light's housing. Tap again to return to the previous output.
- Mode memory remembers the last setting used and turns the light on in that setting.
- Strobe mode helps keep you seen.
- Red lighting modes help preserve night vision, which is great on early-morning starts.
- Intuitive 2-button controls give you easy access to red lighting and flipping between spot and flood lighting.
- IPX8 waterproofing protects the light all the way up to 1m of submersion for up to 30 minutes. Note: If your light does get seriously wet, be sure to dry it out completely before storing it.
- 3-level LED power meter lets you know how your batteries are doing.
- Lock-out mode prevents accidental activation, so you don’t pull out a dead headlamp just when you need it.
- Regulated output maximizes battery life.
- Red and green night vision modes have dimming and strobe modes.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||8m|
|Beam distance - high||100m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Burn time - low||310 h|
|Burn time - high||75 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||Replaceable batteries|
|Emits red light||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||4 AAA (included)|