Small weight, small size, big brightness. Smaller and lighter than most headlamps, yet even brighter, the HM50R is a worth a look. With 4 modes that take you from 4 lumens to 500, you get a light that works around camp, on pre-dawn trail runs or in dark Northern Thailand caves. USB charging makes it easy to top up the included 16340 battery. It's also compatible with CR123 batteries for better cold-weather performance.
- Rugged aluminum body has type-III hard anodizing for an extra level of protection.
- Glass lens is toughened for durability and has anti-reflective coating.
- Covered micro-USB port makes charging easy.
- LED power indicator lets you know how your battery is doing, whether charging or discharging.
- 1-button operation is easy to use, with or without gloves.
- Intelligent circuitry remembers the last mode you were in.
- Can be easily adapted into a compact flashlight.
- Silicone strip on the back of the head strap helps keep it in place.
- Reflective detailing on the head strap helps keep you visible.
- Compact design: 6.8 x 3.3 x 2.8cm.
- In the box: Fenix HM50R, spare O-ring, spare rubber anti-dust cover, spare silicone holder, ARB-L16-700 lithium-ion battery, charging cable, user manual and warranty card.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - boost||80m|
|Beam distance - low||6m|
|Beam distance - med||20m|
|Beam distance - high||42m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||XM-L2 U2 LED|
|Burn time - low||90 h|
|Burn time - med||24 h|
|Burn time - high||10 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
|Red light mode||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||1 16340 (included) or 1 lithium CR123A (not included)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|