Spot, flood, and everywhere in between. With Fenix’s first rotary lens system, the HL40R Headlamp lets you choose the best beam profile for your current situation. Hone the beam into a focused spot for more throw, make the beam a wide flood for even area lighting, or set it somewhere in between for a custom mix of the 2. There are 7 brightness modes to choose from, including a reading mode, so you can dial in the perfect amount of light for your needs. A boost mode of 600 lumens is great for scoping lines, or for helping you figure out what just made that noise outside your tent.
- Rotary lens lets you dial in the perfect beam, from flood to spot and everywhere in between.
- Covered micro-USB port makes charging easy.
- 4-level power indicator lets you know how your battery is doing, whether it's charging or discharging.
- 2-sided switch cycles through modes, locks the light out and provides access to boost mode.
- Ratcheting housing means you can set the perfect light angle.
- Overlapping headband spreads the pressure out for comfort and a more secure position.
- Rugged aluminum front wears well and disperses heat.
- IPX6 waterproofing means your light is ready for any weather.
- SOS mode flashes a call for help.
- In the box: HL40R, headband, charging cable, manual and warranty card.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - boost||147m|
|Beam distance - low||46m|
|Beam distance - med||64m|
|Beam distance - high||96m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||XP-L HI V2 LED|
|Burn time - low||22 h|
|Burn time - med||11 h|
|Burn time - high||4.5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
|Red light mode||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-polymer 2000mAh (included)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|