Tour the backcountry in a jacket with sustainable performance and European flair. Pyua's Gorge-Y Jacket for men is constructed from CLIMALOOP® 3-layer laminate fabric for waterproof and breathable performance. Water-resistant zippers and fully taped seams block out flurries and powder, and the adjustable hood has a stiffened brim so you can take in summit views. When the going gets hot, underarm vents help you cool off. Cut a chic figure in this trim-fitting jacket from Pyua, a German company committed to environmental and social responsibility (and style).
- 3-layer construction includes durable recycled polyester outer fabric, a CLIMALOOP waterproof-breathable membrane and a moisture-wicking recycled polyester jersey liner.
- Environmentally friendly CLIMALOOP membrane is windproof, exceptionally waterproof, highly breathable and made without PTFE.
- Water-resistant YKK zippers, fully taped seams and a fluorocarbon-free durable water repellency (DWR) finish keep rain and snow out.
- Lots of pockets hold all your stuff. Dedicated interior pockets include an audio pocket with cord port and a goggle pocket with cleaning cloth.
- Adjustable hood has a stiffened brim that won't flop into your eyes.
- Underarm vents have extra-long 2-way zips to prevent overheating on the uptrack.
- Removable stretch powder skirt with gripper elastic stays put.
- Elastic at hem and cuffs keeps snowmelt out.
- Reflective details add visibility in low light.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Trim fit is cut to accommodate layers without excess bagginess.
- Seams are set off the shoulders for increased comfort under backpack straps.
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Lining/backer||30-denier recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.