Stripped back to the basics but capable of carrying a full day's essentials. When Arc'teryx saw skiers MacGuyver-ing the popular Alpha FL pack to carry skis and avi gear, they saw a niche waiting to be filled. And so the Alpha SK was born. It shares the same waterproof AC2 material and signature minimalist design as its Alpha FL big brother, and gets an innovative lid that carries a helmet as well as a dedicated avi tool compartment. Low-profile lash points let you reposition the included TPU ski straps (or add more) to carry skis, a snowboard or snowshoes in a variety of configurations.
- 420-denier nylon ripstop main fabric with fully sealed seams and Advanced Composition Construction coating is totally waterproof.
- Lightly padded back panel with internally laminated foam framesheet supports the load.
- Forward pull waistbelt adjustment is easy to use with gloved hands.
- Fixed top lid opens away from the back panel and gives access to the main and avalanche compartments.
- Oversized lid flap lets you stash a helmet, rope, skins or jacket under the lid.
- Weather-resistant side zipper provides alternative entry to the main compartment.
- Waterproof avalanche compartment holds your shovel, probe, saw and skins.
- Zippered top pocket holds snacks and small essentials.
- Includes two 50cm Arc'teryx Alpha SK ski straps for diagonal ski carry.
- Add three more of your own straps for A-frame style ski carry or swap out the 50cm straps for 65cm straps (sold separately) for vertical snowboard carry.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
|Main fabric||420-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.