SmartHalo uses the GPS you're already carrying (your phone) to tell you more about how you ride and where you’re going. Use the free SmartHalo app on your smartphone to set where you want to go, and the 25 colour LEDs guide you to your destination. The Bluetooth low-energy (BLE) connection to your smartphone also sends alerts for incoming notifications via the colour LEDs – no more missing calls or texts because you didn’t see or hear your phone. Front-mounted LEDs provide a powerful beam that turns on once the sun sets and you're nearby, so you'll never forget your bike light again. Designed to stay on your handlebars, the SmartHalo only needs to be removed once every few weeks for charging.
- Intuitive circular interface covers a range of communications from direction, to guiding you towards your fitness goal, to notifications coming in via your connected smartphone (navigation uses your phone’s data).
- Coloured LEDs count you down to approaching turns, let you know if you need to turn around and even let you know when you’ve arrived. If you like to find your own route, use the compass-style navigation that stays pointed in the direction you need to go.
- Ride tracking on the app shows your distance, time riding, average speed, elevation changes and an estimate of calories burnt.
- Dazzling 250-lumen light turns on and off when it detects movement, so you won't forget to turn it off.
- Alarm mode uses an internal motion sensor to detect unwanted movement. Once tripped, the Halo flashes the lights and sounds an alarm. Your phone’s proximity deactivates the alarm, or you can do it manually via a simple, programmable tap code.
- Free app uses a simple colour-coded system that's easy to understand, which means you spend less time in menus and more time rolling,
- Stays with your bike, not with you. A military-grade locking system secures the Halo to your bike, making it a part of your ride, not just another accessory.
- Tested against Mother Nature’s worst moods, so if you can take what she's dishing out, so can the SmartHalo.
- No on/off button; the Halo recognizes your phone (via BLE) and powers up or down based on its proximity.
- Internal rechargeable battery lasts around 3 weeks of regular use, and charges via USB. Included HaloKey™ lets you remove the Halo for charging while the bracket remains on your bike.
- Compatible with all smartphones featuring Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4S or higher and iOS9 and up, or Android 4.4.4 or higher).
- Fits handlebar diameters from 25.4mm to 31.8mm.
|Ideal for||Cycle commuting|
|Included mounts||Handlebar mount|
|Oversized handlebar mount||Yes|
|Batteries||Lithium-polymer 2000mAh (included)|
Maximum distance between sensor and computer.
Two bike compatibility
Can be set up for two separate bikes.