Whether you're hauling ski gear to the local hill or expedition supplies to Baffin Island, MEC's Outpost duffle offers durability and confidence in wet, dirty and dusty conditions. The bottom panel is particularly burly 1680-denier nylon with a polyurethane coating and taped seams. While the duffle is not immersion-proof, the bottom panel is waterproof enough that it can sit in a shallow puddle or on wet ground indefinitely. The top panel is also coated nylon and overhangs the zipper, meaning the bag can sit in the rain for a while before wetting through. Comfortable straps are configured for a range of carrying option, including backpack-style, and can be removed when you want them out of the way. Tough grab handles are great for hand-bombing from luggage cart to carousel, and make secure attachment points when you need to lash them to a roof rack, zodiac or burro.
- Base fabric is extremely rugged 1680-denier nylon, polyurethane coated for abrasion resistance and waterproofness.
- Top fabric is waterproof polyurethane coated 840-denier nylon.
- Comfortable padded air mesh straps allow for duffle-style and backpack-style carries.
- Straps are easily removed and stowed for air travel.
- Oversized, high quality YKK zipper.
- Tough molded plastic zipper pulls allow you to open and close the pack while wearing winter gloves.
- Two large internal mesh pockets under lid assist with organization.
- Exterior side pocket offers quick access to important items.
- Beefy grab handles on ends can be lashed to vehicles and pack animals.
|Main fabric||1680-denier polyurethane coated nylon|
|Secondary fabric||200-denier recycled polyester|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.