MEC Transference 3 in 1 Down Parka - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $179.99 $179.99
- Original price $374.95
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Some days you need a jacket to stay warm, other days you need to be both warm and dry. This lightweight 3-in-1 parka does either and both. It's the right choice for chilly fall days, through the depths of winters and out the other side into spring showers. The down liner is the heart of its versatile system. Snap it to the waterproof-breathable shell to create a storm-proof parka. Wear it on its own, and the durable water repellant finish ensures you won’t be bothered by a little rain. Leave the down liner in the closet when you only need a shell jacket for protection from drizzle to full-on downpours.
- Compatible and interchangeable with other jackets in the Transference series.
- Insulated with 650 fill-power duck down that is Responsible Down Standard certified.
- 2-layer waterproof breathable with a DWR finish protects you from the rain.
- 3-piece, adjustable hood has a short brim helping to keep the rain off your face.
- Outer jacket has a fishtail hemline that combines comfort with coverage.
- Liner jacket is equipped with soft knit cuffs and collar help keep the warm in and the cold out.
- Liner jacket packs into its own pocket, for compact packing convenience.
- Plenty of pocket space gives you room to stash your scarf, toque, gloves, phone and anything else you might need.
- Fleece lined pockets keep your hands warm and out of the wind.
- Snap down storm flap keeps the wind away form your zipper.
- Regular fit offers no surprises, just comfort.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||Polyester + polyurethane|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.