These burly waterproof breathable cycling pants will keep you dry through your dark and stormy commutes. Bold reflective detailing enhances your visibility to other road users and a generous cut allows you to layer to suit the temperature. Zippered thigh vents allow you to quickly vent heat as you warm up, and ankle zips with reflective storm flaps allow for speedy changes when you reach your destination.
- Made of 3-layer nylon Pertex Shield+ waterproof-breathable fabric with a PU non-porous hydrophilic laminate.
- Fully taped seams and Durable water repellent treatment boosts the waterproofness of the fabric.
- Adjustable elastic waistband is smooth on the front for added comfort.
- Articulated knees for a full range of movement.
- Zippered leg vents have reflective trim.
- Ankle zips allow for easy on and off without removing cycling footwear.
- Reflective storm flap covers ankle zip for enhanced visibility and protection for the elements.
- Bottom hem has hook and loop closure.
- Reflective strips front and back.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|