MEC Downpour Lumix Waterproof Cycling Jacket - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
Year-round bike commuters tend to be a practical bunch, prioritizing safety, comfort and reliability above all else. To these hardy souls, MEC presents this fully waterproof, high visibility cycling jacket. It's ruggedly built and tailored for fit and coverage in the riding position. The omni-directional reflective detais show up brilliantly in low light commuting situations.
- Nylon outer fabric has a waterproof-breathable non-porous hydrophilic laminate.
- DWR treated and fully seam taped for reliable waterproofness.
- Collar is scooped at rear for optimal fit in the riding position.
- Microfleece collar lining is comfortable against your skin.
- Chinguard/windflap is integrated into collar.
- Zipper vents allow you to vent extra heat, with twin pulls for a range of vent opening options.
- Elongated arms and drop hem in back ensure adequate coverage while riding.
- Internal chest pocket.
- Spacious rear flap pocket has a glued zipper for secure, waterproof storage.
- Drawcord hem helps you seal out the elements.
- Adjustable hook and loop straps on cuffs.
- Heat transfer reflective detailing ensures exceptional visibility from all angles.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Cycle commuting|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.