Snow overnight? Thick mud? Assorted muck? No problem, with this fat bike. As your elected cycling representative, the Mayor rolls through whatever the seasons throw at you. The mega-wide wheelset powers through deep snow or thick mud, and the aluminum frame has a beefed-up rear triangle for added stiffness. To keep you tackling technical trails in sloppy conditions, the carbon fibre fork provides a nice degree of flex and the 11-speed SRAM gruppo offers a wide-ranging gear ratio that lets you mountain-goat up a snowy climb and hammer through the mud pit at the bottom of the drop. Tried-and-true SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes yield solid stopping power and stability, while the 4.8in.-wide Maxxis Minion tires float over squishy ground.
- Double-butted 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight and tough.
- Sliding drop-out lets you choose between a quick and nimble ride, or a long and stable one.
- Beefed-up rear triangle adds stiffness for sprinting, and can handle large loads.
- Carbon fork adds comfort and shaves grams off the whole package.
- Frame design allows for internal routing of dropper seatpost, should you decide to upgrade.
- 11-speed SRAM NX gruppo is smooth-shifting, easy to maintain and reliable.
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes provide solid all-weather stopping power.
- Rack mounts open up touring or commuting possibilities.
- Sun Ringle Mulefüt Fat wheels are tubeless ready and built with durability in mind.
- 4.8in-wide Minion EXO TR tires track through deepness.
- RaceFace Turbine stem and handlebars uses a 35mm diameter interface to boost stiffness.
- RaceFace Turbine Cinch crank allows for quick and easy chainring swap.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||RSD Mayor V4 6061 aluminum|
|Fork||RSD Carbon Rigid|
|Stem||Race Face Turbine 35mm|
|Seatpost||Race Face Ride|
|Headset||Cane Creek ZS-44|
|Handlebars||Race Face Turbine 760mm 35mm|
|Grips/tape||Lizard Skin Northshore|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Level T (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Level T|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Turbine Cinch 28T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace BSA|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||MAXXIS Minion EXO TR 26 x 4.8|
|Wheel||Sun Ringle Mulefüt Fat 26|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Comp|