Intense 2019 Sniper XC Expert Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $4450.00 $4450.00
- Original price $5950.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Many years in the making, the Sniper is ready to take the top step at XC races. In true Intense fashion, the Sniper is long and low, but don’t let that fool you. This bike is designed to go fast on technical climbs, smooth rolling terrain and tricky descents. JS Tuned suspension makes for a super-smooth, bob-free climbing experience while providing a plush ride when the trail gets rowdy. Like you'd expect from a top-level XC racing bike, the fast 29in. wheels paired with finely tuned geometry make for a bike that rolls fast and feels stable. With 100mm of travel in the front and rear, you can expect high pedalling efficiency and top performance in a wide variety of conditions. From a Fox Performance fork and shocks, to DT Swiss wheels, to a dropper post that uses carbon fibre to drop even more weight, the Sniper XC Expert is packed with tech to last you years of riding.
- Carbon frame with carbon top link and aluminum lower link is a stiff and strong ride.
- Bottom bracket height of 33cm keeps your pedals off the dirt and helps keep your centre of gravity nice and low when riding.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing and descending performance.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with the 44mm offset fork brings forgiveness and confidence of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase helps provide stability and traction while riding fast and rough terrain.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube, chainstay and seatstay from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Elite 32 fork provides 100mm of travel.
- 3-position adjustment allows you to switch from firm to medium to open on the fly.
- FOX Performance Elite DPS rear shock with 100mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci dropper seatpost uses carbon fibre to reduce the weight and offers 125mm of travel.
- DT Swiss XR 1900 Spline wheelset features a 25mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Rekon tires in 2.25in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Truvativ Stylo alloy crank with 34T ring is light and stiff.
- SRAM Eagle GX shifter and derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle is equipped with Cr-Mo rails.
- Intense Flat bars are 760mm wide.
- Extra-large bearing diameters and internal cable sleeves for easy maintenance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Sniper XC carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance Elite|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek AER|
|Handlebars||Intense Flat 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||DT Swiss XR1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.