Ghost Kato 4 27.5" Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Fast, light, nimble, surprisingly affordable – that's the Ghost Kato 4. With a lightweight aluminum frame, shortened chainstays and 27.5in. wheels, it delivers a lightweight ride with a flickable and playful feel. The Kato 4 27.5 features a gorgeous selection of components: fast-acting Shimano® Altus shifters for ripping trails or cruising city streets, SR Suntour fork with 100mm of travel to handle big hits and smooth out chuddery sections, and Shimano hydraulic brakes for solid stopping power. Totally reliable, fun and cleverly equipped, this is an excellent setup for long and involved days of cross-country riding.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and cost-effective.
- Shortened chainstays result in a responsive and nimble ride.
- SR Suntour XCM RL front fork with 100mm of travel can be locked out.
- Shimano Altus 9-speed trigger shifters provide reliable, snappy performance.
- Shimano Deore and and Acera derailleurs.
- 9-speed cassette and 3-ring crank for a trail-ready gear range.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent performance in all conditions.
- 27.5-inch wheels are nimble and allow for fast, aggressive riding.
- Shimano hubs are at the centre of these fast-rolling, reliable and tough wheels.
- Ghost stem, handlebars, seatpost and saddle hit the sweet spot between comfort and performance.
- Continental X-King tires balance grip with low rolling resistance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCM RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Acera 44-32-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Continental X-King 27.5 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.