Ghost Kato 4 29" Bicycle - Unisex
Ghost Kato 4 29" Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $1135.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Stable and fast, this nicely specced 29er suits beginner and intermediate riders tackling tricky trails. With bigger wheels, the Kato 4 29 can roll over obstacles more efficiently than a bike with 26 or 27.5-inch wheels, and it offers a more stable-feeling ride (great for newer riders). The setup also make this Kato an effective and efficient climber, so you can preserve your legs and energy on cross-country rides. It features a gorgeous selection of components: fast-acting Shimano® Altus shifters for ripping trails or cruising city streets, SR Suntour fork with 100mm of travel to handle big hits and smooth out chuddery sections, and Shimano hydraulic brakes for solid stopping power. Totally reliable, fun and cleverly equipped, this is an excellent setup for long and involved days of cross-country riding.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and cost-effective.
- Shortened chainstays result in a responsive and nimble ride.
- SR Suntour XCM RL front fork with 100mm of travel can be locked-out.
- Shimano Altus 9-speed trigger shifters provide reliable, snappy performance.
- Shimano Deore and and Acera derailleurs.
- 9-speed cassette and 3-ring crank for a trail-ready gear range.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent performance in all conditions.
- 29-inch wheels are fast and stable.
- Smooth Shimano hubs are at the centre of these fast-rolling, reliable and tough wheels.
- Ghost stem, handlebars, seatpost and saddle hit the sweet spot between comfort and performance.
- Continental X-King tires balance grip with low rolling resistance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 29 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCM RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Acera 44-32-22T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Continental X-King 29 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.