Ghost Kato 7 27.5" Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
Trails await. Go ride them. Leveraging a higher-grade aluminum than its younger siblings, the Kato 7 also features improved components. The super-sensitive, buttery RockShox fork is adjustable and can be locked out for climbing or commuting. 27.5-inch wheels hit the sweet point between the fast-rolling stability of a 29er and the agility of a 26-inch bike. Shimano disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation when you need it, and they're reliable for all-season use. Shifting is precise thanks to Shimano's quietly excellent SLX shifters, mated to a rock-solid SLX front derailleur and sweet XT rear mech. And the burly, trail-ready rims will survive rough terrain without feeling like a set of boat anchors.
- Aluminum frame reduces road vibration, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shortened chainstays produce a fast-accelerating and nimble ride.
- Adjustable 100mm RockShox fork can be locked out for added rigidity.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation in wet trail conditions.
- Shimano SLX 11-speed shifts mated to SLX front and XT rear derailleurs provide fast-acting shift performance.
- Shimano SLX crank and cassette gives a versatile, trail-ready gear range.
- 27.5-inch wheels hit the sweet spot between agility and fast-rolling smoothness.
- Rodi Blackrock rims laced to Shimano hubs are smooth rolling, reliable and trail-ready.
- Continental X-King tires are proven trail performers.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Silver TK|
|Stem||Ghost MTB 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano SLX 34-24T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Rodi Blackrock 21|
|Tires||Continental X-King 27.5 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.