Ghost Kato 7 27.5" Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $1296.25 $1296.25
- Original price $1525.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
Trails await. Go ride them. Leveraging a higher-grade aluminum than its younger siblings, the Kato 7 also features improved components. The super-sensitive, buttery RockShox fork is adjustable and can be locked out for climbing or commuting. 27.5-inch wheels hit the sweet point between the fast-rolling stability of a 29er and the agility of a 26-inch bike. Shimano disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation when you need it, and they're reliable for all-season use. Shifting is precise thanks to Shimano's quietly excellent SLX shifters, mated to a rock-solid SLX front derailleur and sweet XT rear mech. And the burly, trail-ready rims will survive rough terrain without feeling like a set of boat anchors.
- Aluminum frame reduces road vibration, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shortened chainstays produce a fast-accelerating and nimble ride.
- Adjustable 100mm RockShox fork can be locked out for added rigidity.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation in wet trail conditions.
- Shimano SLX 11-speed shifts mated to SLX front and XT rear derailleurs provide fast-acting shift performance.
- Shimano SLX crank and cassette gives a versatile, trail-ready gear range.
- 27.5-inch wheels hit the sweet spot between agility and fast-rolling smoothness.
- Rodi Blackrock rims laced to Shimano hubs are smooth rolling, reliable and trail-ready.
- Continental X-King tires are proven trail performers.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Silver TK|
|Stem||Ghost MTB 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano SLX 34-24T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Rodi Blackrock 21|
|Tires||Continental X-King 27.5 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.