Trails await. Go ride them. Leveraging higher-grade aluminum than its younger siblings, the Kato 7 also features improved components. The super-sensitive, buttery RockShox fork is adjustable and can be locked out for climbing or commuting. 29-inch wheels makes for a fast-rolling and stable ride that will power through most obstacles. Shimano disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation when you need it, and are reliable for all-season use. Shifting is precise thanks to Shimano SLX shifters, mated to a solid SLX front derailleur and sweet XT rear mech. And the burly, trail-ready rims will survive rough terrain without feeling like a set of boat anchors.
- Aluminum frame reduces road vibration while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shortened chainstays produce a fast-accelerating and nimble ride.
- Adjustable 100mm RockShox fork can be locked out for added rigidity.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power and modulation in wet trail conditions.
- Shimano SLX 11-speed shifts mated to SLX front and XT rear derailleurs provide fast-acting shift performance.
- Shimano SLX crank and cassette gives a versatile, trail-ready gear range.
- 29-inch wheels are fast-rolling, smooth and help power through tricky sections.
- Rodi Blackrock rims laced to Shimano hubs are smooth rolling, reliable and trail-ready.
- Continental X-King tires are proven trail performers.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 29 aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Silver TK|
|Stem||Ghost MTB 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano SLX 34-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-52 BSA|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM35|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Rodi Blackrock 21|
|Tires||Continental X-King 29 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|