Ghost Lector 4.9 LC Bicycle - Unisex
Ghost Lector 4.9 LC Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $3450.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
When speed is everything, reach for the Lector 4.9. Engineered and equipped for pace, this 29er hardtail offers race-ready performance in a hyper-light carbon package. The Lector draws on its aggressive fit for powerful climbing and nimble handling, making it ideal for your local toonie race or fast group ride. The benefits of 29ers are hard to refute, especially when paired with an outstandingly fast and stiff wheelset. To match the performance potential of the frame, the Lector 4.9 gets Shimano's gold-standard XT groupset. Mega-sized disc rotors with XT brakes provide enduro levels of power when descending technical switchbacks, while the XT derailleur prevents excessive chain-slap. To keep that groupset shifting and braking, sleek internal routing ensures cables stay protected and smooth.
- Carbon fibre frame is an ultra-stiff yet buzz-reducing lightweight beauty.
- Tapered head tube means a wider bottom bearing than top. The result is a light, responsive, stiff ride under power.
- Race-engineered geometry results in nimble handling, torsional stiffness and a low overall weight.
- Internally routed cables provide consistent shifting performance, and won't get caught on branches or other high-velocity obstacles.
- Chainstay reinforced with rugged plastic sheath prevents damage from chain-slap.
- Fox Rhythm 32 fork with remote level for on-the-fly suspension adjustment.
- DT Swiss X1900 Spline wheelset balances stiffness and weight.
- Shimano XT 11-speed shifters offer superb performance in a lightweight, durable package.
- Shimano XT crankset is equipped with 36-26T chainrings and is paired with an SLX 11-42T cassette.
- Shimano XT brakes are professional-proven performers. Massive 180mm (front) and 160mm discs make them even better.
- Shimano XT rear derailleur eliminates noisy chain slap when riding hard.
- Continental X-King tires are proven performers for racing and hard riding.
- 31.6mm seat tube diameter makes future dropper post upgrades a cinch.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Lector 29 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Rhythm 32 Air Remote|
|Stem||Ghost GND 51 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost GND 51|
|Handlebars||Ghost GND 51 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano XT Pressfit|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Continental X-King 29 x 2.2|
|Wheel||DT Swiss X1900 Spline|
|Saddle||Fizik Antares R7|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.