Ghost Kato FS 2.7 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
For aspiring off-road riders, the Kato line is cost-effective, but in no way cheap. Ghost designed the Kato FS 2.7 with an affordable aluminum frame, but decked it out with features from its top-of-the-line models. The famous 4-bar frame linkage lets you brake hard without compromising the performance of the SR Suntour Duair rear shock. The SR Suntour XCR fork has 130mm of travel to absorb chunder and let you focus on the flow. With Shimano components and 27.5in. wheels, this rig provides fast, smooth riding with agility for mountain touring.
- Hydroformed aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube helps offer direct, reactive steering.
- X-Yoke uses forged aluminum to create a stiff and responsive ride.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting.
- SR Suntour XCR 34 front suspension.
- SR Suntour Duair rear shock.
- Shimano Deore drivetrain shifts well without breaking the bank.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide precise stopping power.
- 27.5in. wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29- and 26-in. rig.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR 34|
|Rear shock||SR Suntour Duair|
|Stem||Ghost MTB 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 34-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Deore|
|Hub (front)||Formula DC-511|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG500 10-speed 11-42T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Michelin Country Race'R 27.5 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.