Ghost Lanao FS 2.7 Bicycle - Women's
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
The Ghost Lanao FS 2.7 is a full-suspension ride for women. R&D Engineer Tina Kutschki put a new twist on the straight dropped top tube found on most women’s bikes. The curve in the tube makes the bike safer and easier to stand over, without compromising strength or agility. A 27.5in. wheelset pairs the agility of 26 setups with the smoothness of a 29er to create a hyper-nimble, fast-rolling and stable ride. 130mm of silky-smooth suspension in the front and rear soaks up whatever the trail throws your way.
- Hydroformed aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube helps offer direct, reactive steering.
- X-Yoke uses forged aluminum to create a stiff and reponsive ride.
- Reverse hanger technology creates more direct shifting.
- SR Suntour XCR 34 front suspension.
- SR Suntour Duair rear shock.
- Shimano Deore M6000 2x11 groupset performs well without breaking the bank.
- Wide gear range gives you enough options for the steepest trails and fastest descents.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide precise stopping power.
- 27.5in. wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29- and 26-in. rig.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR 34|
|Rear shock||SR Suntour Duair|
|Stem||Ghost MTB 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 34-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-52 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Formula DC-511|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Deore 10-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Continental X-King 27.5 x 2.4|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.