Ghost SL AMR 2.9 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
29in. wheels and an aluminum frame join forces to create something magical: an affordable all-mountain bike that climbs as well as it descends. With the SLAMR frame, this bicycle is capable of riding the groomed front side or the rowdy backside of any hill, as its slightly slack geometry brings composure to lines that demand calmness and focus. 130mm of travel front and rear is the right amount of travel for fast trail riding. Hitting the mark when it comes to fast-rolling terrain or plowing through roots and rocks, the 29-inch wheelset features 12 and 15mm thru-axles for flex-free, straight-as-an-arrow tracking. Outfitted with a SRAM Eagle NX drivetrain, SR Suntour fork and Tektro brakes, the SLAMR 2.9 is built to be a consistent, reliable all-mountain rig.
- Aluminum frame is light and incredibly durable.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- SR Suntour Aion fork features 140mm of travel.
- RockShox Deluxe RT3 rear shock with 130mm travel and a climbing switch.
- Internal routing keeps cables protected and silky smooth.
- X-Yoke cable routing for a clean look around the bottom bracket and extra protection.
- Satori Sorata Dropper post with clean internal cable routing gets your saddle out of the way when the trail gets tricky.
- 30mm wide rims are laced onto BearPawls hubs for a light and stiff wheelset.
- 12x148mm frame spacing at the rear and 15x100mm at the fork creates a stiff and responsive ride.
- SRAM Eagle NX 1x12 drivetrain provides a big range of gears to choose from.
- SRAM NX crank with a 32T ring completes the drivetrain.
- Tektro M735 brakes harness the power of 4-piston calipers in the front and the modulation of 2 pistons in the rear.
- Continental Mountain King II Performance 2.4in. tires perform in a wide variety of conditions.
- SDG Fly saddle is low on weight and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SLAMR AL aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour Aion RC|
|Rear shock||RockShox Deluxe RT3|
|Stem||Ghost GND 51 35mm|
|Seatpost||Satori Sorata Pro|
|Handlebars||Ghost GND 51 35mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M735 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M735|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
|Hub (front)||Bear Pawl BMT-009|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Bear Pawl BMB-009|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Tires||Continental Mountain King II 29 x 2.4|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.