If things take a turn for the worse in the backcountry, certain tools can greatly increase your chances of survival. Gerber's Overcome Kit bundles the rugged Compact Clearpath machete with a Firestarter and the EDC-sized Airframe pocket knife so you have all the tools you need to build a shelter, start a fire and find food. This is a special bundle for Holiday 2018, so snag one while you can.
- Compact Clearpath is equipped with a rubberized, textured GatorGrip® handle that provides a secure grip.
- Both the knife and the machete have lanyard loops to keep the tool securely in your hand.
- High-visibility orange accents.
- Compact Clearpath is equipped with a large guard to protect your hand while chopping.
- Clearpath’s saw-back makes short work of wood.
- Lined sheath is included for the machete for safe and secure transport.
- Airframe uses a framelock locking system to help keep you safe.
- Airframe has a slim design that carries well.
- Lightweight skeletonized handle.
- Pocket clip is set up for right-handed tip-down carry.
- Fire steel has an integrated striker, and a 100-decibel whistle built into its lanyard.
Blade edge type
Serrated edges are useful for cutting dense material like rope or webbing. They stay sharper longer than straight edges, but can be more difficult to sharpen.
|Blade material||5Cr13 stainless steel|