Ridley Helium X 40 Bicycle - Unisex
Ridley Helium X 40 Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $3750.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Impossibly steep switchbacks and long alpine roads are made to be ridden, and the Helium X 40 was made to ride them. Combining wind-cheating aerodynamics with a barely-UCI-legal frame weight (about 900 grams in a medium), it's a race-ready weapon with an advantage in the mountains. The massive pressfit BB and oversized tapered headtube provide immediate response when you break away from the pack. Once you've moved away, the DT Swiss R460 rims laced onto Shimano hubs provide stiffness and fast-rolling bearings to transfer every watt of effort to the road. A dropped chain or missed shift can be a race decider, so Ridley opted for one of the most reliable setups around: Shimano Ultegra. When going for a race-winning move on technical descents, the powerful Shimano Ultegra brakes allow you to brake later before leaning hard into corners. Finally, a host of proven 4ZA aluminum and carbon components tie this race-ready steed together.
- High-grade 30 to 24-ton unidirectional high-modulus carbon fibre produces an astonishingly light yet torsionally stiff and durable frame.
- Tapered, reinforced headtube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Ultra thin chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Full carbon fibre fork with carbon steerer weighs in at 310g.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- PF30 bottom bracket aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Rotor 3D30 crankset with 52/36 chainrings is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra R8000 groupset.
- Shimano Ultegra 11-30T cassette keeps you in the saddle longer when tackling big climbs.
- Shimano Ultegra brakes feel as good as they perform.
- 4ZA RC23 wheels are using DT Swiss rims and Shimano hubs.
- 25mm Vittoria Zaffiro Pro tires are light and durable..
- Selle Italia XR saddle keeps you comfortable on long rides.
- 4ZA Statos handlebar and stem are using light and strong aluminum.
- 4ZA Cirrus seatpost is using carbon fibre to keep the weight low.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley, engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Helium X HM carbon|
|Fork||Helium HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 44E|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra R8000 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Crank + rings||Rotor 3D30 52-36T|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Ultegra 11-speed 11-30T|
|Tires||Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 700 x 25|
|Saddle||Selle Italia XR|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.