Ridley Liz SL40 Disc Bicycle - Women's
Ridley Liz SL40 Disc Bicycle - Women's
- Available prices $4250.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
With its light, layered carbon fibre frame, the Liz SL 40 Disc is a responsive, comfortable ride that blurs the line between race bike and endurance bike. Detour onto back roads, and the Liz's geometry soaks up vibrations and smooths out washboard. When descending, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 28C) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. DT Swiss E 1800 wheels are proven performers – durable, adventurous, responsive when you need extra punch, and they won't weigh you down on climbs. Equipped with one of the best gruppos around, it gets a workhorse 11-speed Shimano Ultegra R8000 drivetrain that balances performance and reliability. The Shimano Ultegra R8020 hydraulic disc brakes are designed to help you maintain in control in any weather.
- High-modulus carbon fibre frame with diamond-shaped top and head tubes is engineered for comfort, stiffness and performance in all conditions.
- Slightly raised head tube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced head tube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays and lowered seatstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Pressfit bottom bracket aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Frame design allows for tires up to 28mm in width.
- Carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre dropouts help cut overall weight, while stainless steel inserts add protection.
- DT Swiss E 1800 Spline db 23 brings the durability needed for gravel roads at a road racing weight.
- 28mm Vittoria Rubino Pro G+ tires are fast, confidence inspiring, and durable.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra R8000 drivetrain shifts perfectly every time.
- Shimano Ultegra R8020 hydraulic disc brakes provide great modulation and braking power.
- Rotor 3D30 crankset is equipped with 50-34T chainrings for versatile gearing options.
- Seat post, stem and other components are from 4ZA's race-ready Cirrus line.
- 4ZA Cirrus Pro Lady saddle keeps you comfortable on long rides.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop, Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Liz SL Disc HM carbon|
|Fork||Liz SL Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra R8020 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra R8020|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra R8020|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Crank + rings||Rotor 3D30 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Rotor PF4130|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Ultegra 11-speed 11-30T|
|Tires||Vittoria Rubino Pro 700 x 28|
|Wheel||DT Swiss E 1800 Spline DB 23|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro Lady|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.