From its snap-in visor to an adjustable fit system and the same coverage as MET's higher-end helmets, this entry-level mountain bike helmet is ready for your first tumble. Hitting the right balance between ventilation and protection, the Echo Helmet is equipped with 14 vents to keep your head cool while you tackle steep and technical climbs. An adjustable dial tunes the tension all around your head for the perfect fit, while hand-washable paddings keeps you comfortable.
- Extended coverage at the base of head for extra protection.
- Safe-T mid adjustment system provides a snug and precise fit.
- Removable visor protects you from the sun and low-hanging branches.
- Goggle clips prevent unwanted goggle take-off.
- Anti-fog port allows for airflow in your goggles or sunglasses to keep them fog-free.
- 14 vents keep your head cool when pushing through technical climbs.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).