MEC Shadowlands Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
If the ride is your favourite part of the workday, and sometimes you take the long way home, this nicely kitted out and reliable bike is a fast option. With a light aluminum frame and plenty of gear options for climbing, you won't be haunted by the hills on your route. No need to leave the bike at home on rainy days as the hydraulic disc brakes will work great regardless of the weather. Equipped with rear pannier mounts, it can be transformed into a light touring bike for weekend adventures.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminum frame with tapered tubing to add strength.
- Carbon fibre fork reduces weight and lends for a smoother ride.
- Large diameter 700c wheels roll efficiently on rough roads and bike paths.
- Shimano M400 hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Shimano drivetrain uses a mix of Tiagra and non-series components for smooth and reliable shifting.
- Crankset and cassette provide the gearing needed for steep climbs and fast roads descents.
- Shimano Tiagra and Deore components are known to be reliable.
- 30mm wide Donnelly X'Plor CDG tires are fast on tarmac and grippy in wet conditions.
- MEC Carbon fiber seatpost smooths the ride and keeps the bike light.
- Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport saddle is comfortable and durable.
- Rear rack and fender mounts allows you to turn this bike into an all-weather commuter.
- Integrated kickstand mount in the frame.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||MEC Performance 31.8mm 7°|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC Performance Low-Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT400 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M400 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-R460 48-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Tiagra|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Deore 10-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Donnelly X'Plor CDG 700 x 30|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.