A light, compact waterproof-breathable jacket for hiking, climbing or travelling at peak monsoon. From drizzle to deluge, the Stretch Rainshadow Jacket offers protection, a full range of movement, and it compacts down to about the size of a grapefruit. The waterproof breathable ECONYL® fabric is made of 100% recycled nylon yarns, sourced from materials that include discarded fishing lines.
- Made of stretchy 2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard waterproof-breathable nylon ripstop with a DWR finish to repel moisture.
- Coated, watertight zippers won't let rain sneak in.
- 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor is helmet compatible and rolls away and stows when not needed.
- Underarm zips let you vent heat when the temperature warms up.
- Low-profile hook-and-loop cuff closures don't add bulk.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets and a chest pocket store your stuff. Jacket packs inside the chest pocket for storage.
- Drawcord hem seals out gusts.
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|
|Product sustainability||Recycled content|