Does your bike have a brake light? It could. The Gravity+ from Portland Design Works has an internal accelerometer that triggers a bright red light as you brake or swerve, instantly letting those around you know to pay attention. Whether you're riding in a pack, on a busy seawall or in traffic, an easy way to let those around you know when you're slowing down or changing direction is a game changer. Besides the accelerometer-driven features, it has both a steady and a flashing red light mode. Easy USB charging means you can top up your battery nearly anywhere you go.
- 2 Modes: steady 20 lumens (12 hours) and flashing 80 lumens (30 hours).
- Brake light shines 100 attention-getting lumens of red light.
- To calibrate the accelerometer, always install the Gravity+ on your bike before powering it on. Hold the power button down for 1 second to turn the light on or off. Then, keep your bike still for 1 second after pressing the power button to complete the calibration.
- Weatherproof housing shrugs off any weather you're willing to ride in.
- Lumens and runtimes certified by Labsphere Illumia Light Measurement system to FL1 standard.
- Includes a rotating tool-free seatpost mount that makes switching bikes easy, and a bolt on seatstay bracket.
- Includes a micro-USB charging cable.
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Burn time - flash||30 h|
|Burn Time - steady||12 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
|Power supply||USB charger|
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Emits red light||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|