Intense 2019 Recluse Foundation Bike - Unisex
Intense 2019 Recluse Foundation Bike - Unisex
- Available prices $4350.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
The Recluse 275 isn't shy about chomping down on steep, gnarly, North Shore-esque terrain. A head tube angle of 66 degrees makes steep, technical descents feel solid and fun. The secret to the Recluse's eagerness lies in the link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect efficient, smooth climbing, confident ripping and subtle arcing through corners. The Foundation Build adds a batch of reliable components to offer up a worry-free bike. SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain ensures the 1x12 shifting goes smoothly. Shimano M500 brakes keep things under control. And 30mm rims ensure performance when the terrain is weird and unruly.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is light, strong and sharp looking.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System with replaceable Grease Zerks allows for easy maintenance.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- 148x12mm spacing at the rear and 110x15mm in the front.
- JS Tuned rear linkage result in a very efficient and balanced feel while fighting or enjoying gravity.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flak guard protects the downtube from rock lift-off.
- RockShox Yari RC 27.5in. with 150mm of travel is tuneable to your taste and lockable for efficient climbing.
- RockShox Monarch RL takes care of the 140mm of rear travel.
- Internal routing looks clean and keeps cables protected from impacts.
- 27.5in. Race Face AR 30 rims mounted on Intense Tuned hubs are the perfect wheels for rowdy descents.
- Maxxis HighRoller II are 2.3in. wide and offer excellent grip in a wide variety of conditions.
- Intense Recon dropper seat post with 150mm of travel makes transitions from climb to descent a breeze.
- SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 components makes for a reliable groupset.
- SRAM NX crank uses SRAM DUB standard and complement the 1x system with a 32T chainring.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear, respectively, offer plenty of power without breaking the bank.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle is light and comfortable for long days on the trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services, and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Recluse carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RL|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Race Face Aeffect with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||Race Face AR 30|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.