Intense 2019 Recluse Pro Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
The Recluse 275 isn't shy about chomping down on steep, gnarly, North Shore-esque terrain. A head tube angle of 66 degrees makes steep, technical descents feel solid and fun. The secret to its eagerness lies in the link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect efficient, smooth climbing, confident ripping and subtle arcing through corners. The Pro build uses high-end components from well-known brands to make a reliable and high-performance machine. SRAM GX Eagle shifters and X01 Eagle rear derailleur ensure the 1x12 shifting goes smoothly, while the SRAM Guide RS brakes use the 180 and 160mm rotors to keep things under control. A light, strong Truvativ Descendant carbon crank uses its 32T to power the massive 10-50T cassette.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon SL frame is light, strong and sharp looking.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System with replaceable Grease Zerks allows for easy maintenance.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- 148x12mm spacing at the rear and 110x15mm in the front.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in a very efficient and balanced feel while fighting or enjoying gravity.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flak guard protects the down tube from rock lift-off.
- FOX Float 36 Performance Elite uses a FIT4 cartridge, is tuneable and can be locked out.
- FOX Float Performance X2 rear shock with travel of 140mm.
- Internal routing looks clean and keeps cables protected from impacts.
- 27.5in. Mavic XA Elite wheels have an internal width of 25mm and combine reliability and performance.
- Maxxis HighRoller II are 2.3in. wide and offer excellent grip in a wide variety of conditions.
- FOX Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel makes transitions from climb to descent a breeze.
- SRAM GX and X01 Eagle 1x12 drivetrain is efficient and reliable.
- Truvativ Descendant carbon crank complements the 1x system with a 32T chainring.
- SRAM 10-50T cassette offers a massive range.
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm rotors front and rear, respectively, offer plenty of power without breaking the bank.
- Saddle is a Fabric Scoop Radius Elite.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services, and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Recluse SL carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance X2|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide RS (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide RS|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant Carbon 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Wheel||Mavic XA Elite|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.